On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de> wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> On 04/26/2010 03:37 PM, Doug Semler wrote:

>>> I just checked from an i686 Ubuntu Hardy, same error. So its not related
>>> to the x86_64 architecture of the host OS.
>>>
>>> Can anybody successfully compile a canadian cross from Linux with
>>> current trunk? If yes, what are the specs and compile instructions
>>> used, so I have a reference?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>

>> Not with the current trunk but I've managed to get the 4.5 build going.
>>
>> I have a few patches that "fix" the gcc build system and also use
>> version-specific-libraries.  Which means, unfortunately, my build
>> scripts wouldn't work too well for you without the patches.
>>
>> If you want, I can send them but you'll have to apply some patches to
>> make it work right for you :-/
>
> Great, thats very good news! Your setup would absolutely be an option
> for me! Since I don't require mingw in a production environment, I'm
> very flexible with the versions and everything. Also I don't require
> multilib, so I'm all flexible :-)
>
> Could you please send me the patches, and your specific version they
> apply to? I'll test them right away :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
>   Mario

I am in the process of creating a mingw-w64 fork for gcc and binutils
at repo.or.cz...

Unfortunately the office has firewalls on ssh and git outgoing
ports...which means that I can't do anything till i get home (and I
was too tired last night to do anything).  When I get them up and
running I'll put the links up.  In addition, I'll add my build scripts
to the gcc project fork so that they can be looked at (when I clean
them up a bit :))