2012/8/23 Ruben Van Boxem <vanboxem.ru...@gmail.com>

> 2012/8/23 Loaden <loa...@gmail.com>
>
>> *mingw32-make.exe problem after 4.7.0 ~ 4.7.1-2 and 4.6.3-1*
>> When I build Qt5 using
>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.6.3-release-win64_rubenvb.7z on Windows, It's
>> works well!
>> But the configure failed with *4.7.0 ~ 4.7.1-2 and 4.6.3-1*
>> **
>> *Failed Message:*
>>
>>> g++ -Wl,-subsystem,console -mthreads -o ../../configure.exe main.o
>>> configureapp.o environment.o tools.o qarraydata.o qbytearray.o
>>> qbytearraymatcher.o qhash.o qlist.o qlocale.o qlocale_win.o qlocale_tools.o
>>> qvector.o qutfcodec.o qtextcodec.o qglobal.o qnumeric.o qbuffer.o
>>> qdatastream.o qdir.o qdiriterator.o qfiledevice.o qfile.o qfileinfo.o
>>> qabstractfileengine.o qfilesystementry.o qfilesystemengine.o
>>> qfilesystemengine_win.o qfilesystemiterator_win.o qfsfileengine.o
>>> qfsfileengine_win.o qfsfileengine_iterator.o qiodevice.o qtextstream.o
>>> qlogging.o qtemporaryfile.o qsystemlibrary.o qbitarray.o qdatetime.o qmap.o
>>> qregexp.o qstring.o qstringlist.o qvsnprintf.o qvariant.o qsystemerror.o
>>> qmetatype.o qmalloc.o qxmlstream.o qxmlutils.o quuid.o qcryptographichash.o
> [...]
>>> g++: error: qfsfileengine_iterator.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qiodevice.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qtextstream.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qlogging.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qtemporaryfile.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qbitarray.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qdatetime.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qmap.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qregexp.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qstring.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qstringlist.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qvsnprintf.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qvariant.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qsystemerror.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qmetatype.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qmalloc.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qxmlstream.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qxmlutils.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: qcryptographichash.o: No such file or directory
>>> g++: error: registry.o: No such file or directory
>>> mingw32-make: *** [../../configure.exe] Error 1
>>> *** qtbase/configure exited with non-zero status.
>>>
>> **
>> If I copy the mingw32-make.exe from
>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.6.3-release-win64_rubenvb.7z to
>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.7.1-2-release-win64_rubenvb.7z, Then everything
>> works well!
>> *Successful Message:*
>>
>>> g++ -Wl,-subsystem,console -mthreads -o ../../configure.exe main.o
>>> configureapp.o environment.o tools.o qarraydata.o qbytearray.o
>>> qbytearraymatcher.o qhash.o qlist.o qlocale.o qlocale_win.o qlocale_tools.o
>>> qvector.o qutfcodec.o qtextcodec.o qglobal.o qnumeric.o qbuffer.o
>>> qdatastream.o qdir.o qdiriterator.o qfiledevice.o qfile.o qfileinfo.o
>>> qabstractfileengine.o qfilesystementry.o qfilesystemengine.o
>>> qfilesystemengine_win.o qfilesystemiterator_win.o qfsfileengine.o
>>> qfsfileengine_win.o qfsfileengine_iterator.o qiodevice.o qtextstream.o
>>> qlogging.o qtemporaryfile.o qsystemlibrary.o qbitarray.o qdatetime.o qmap.o
>>> qregexp.o qstring.o qstringlist.o qvsnprintf.o qvariant.o qsystemerror.o
>>> qmetatype.o qmalloc.o qxmlstream.o qxmlutils.o quuid.o qcryptographichash.o
>>> registry.o -lole32 -ladvapi32 -luuid
>>> Preparing build tree...
>>> Setting accessibility to NO
>>

>> *So, It should a mingw32-make issue/bug/problem.*
>> Hope this can be solved.
>>

> Yes you are correct.
>
> Sezero has pointed this out to me on the MinGW-w64 forums that I seem to
> have forgotten to apply a patch I previously applied to GNU Make 3.82. You
> can at all times use this make build:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/External%20binary%20packages%20%28Win64%20hosted%29/make/
>
> so you wouldn't have to download and extract a whole toolchain. The fix
> will be in the next build. Sorry about this, my own damn fault :)

That being said, for really building Qt (after configure), you should use
their "jom" tool, which although written as an nmake clone, works great for
Qt's qmake (and CMake's) Makefiles. Find it here:
ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/jom/

Ruben