>>> 3c) Move 32bit libs out of the way
>>> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2012-07/msg00060.html suggests to use
>>> -static-libstdc++, but it is not recognized by gcc 4.7); I don't compile
>>> 32bit programs, so not having 32bit versions is fine for me:
>>>
>>>       cd /c/MinGW64/bin
>>>       mv libstdc++-6.dll libstdc++-6.dll.~32bit~
>>>       cp libstdc++_64-6.dll libstdc++-6.dll
>>>       mv libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll.~32bit~
>>>       cp libgcc_s_shlj_64-1.dll libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll
>>>
>> I have no idea why your DLLs are named that way, are you sure you are
>> supposed to rename them? Ask TDM for more info.
> The _64 DLLs are, as one might guess, the 64-bit versions of GCC's
> runtime libraries. This is a TDM-GCC-specific change that allows them to
> coexist with the 32-bit versions.
>
> Vaclav, the "-static-libstdc++" option is unrecognized by TDM-GCC
> because it uses static linkage by default. (This is covered in the
> TDM-GCC README.) Therefore, unless the projects you're building
> explicitly request shared runtimes (via "-shared-libgcc" and
> "-shared-libstdc++"), these DLLs will never be used, and renaming them
> serves no purpose. In fact, in the event that you *did* request shared
> runtime linkage, your program would be unable to run because it would be
> unable to find DLLs with the original _64-suffixed names.
>
> I post this merely to clear up any confusion this TDM-GCC idiosyncrasy
> may cause -- unfortunately I don't have any insight as to the reason for
> the DLL load failure.
Thanks for very valuable clarification. I am now thinking if I did not
link (by asome accident) with a DLL compiled with the rubenvb build (I
was experimenting with it briefly), therefore Dependency Walker showed
me a DLL wanted to load libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll, but it was a 32bit one
instead of the 64bit one.

I think I will attempt a clean-install and clean-build before continuing
any further.

Cheers, Vaclav