On Nov 18, 2012 6:25 PM, "Ruben Van Boxem" <vanboxem.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/11/5 Yves <yves.per...@modusfx.com>
>>
>> Hi Ruben,
>>
>> All the while I tried all packages, since I`m still oscillating between
32 bit and 64 bit, TDM seemed to be the way to go, at least to compile to
compile on Windows for Windows.

>> As far as I can tell, none of the packages you suggested allow cross
compiling.

>> With this in mind,  which package should I use to compile on Windows for
Linux?

> Virtualbox+your favorite distro
>

>> You probably see it coming… which package should I use to compile on
Windows for MacOSX?

> Impossible.

https://mingw-and-ndk.googlecode.com/files/multiarch-darwin11-cctools127.2-gcc42-5666.3-llvmgcc42-2336.1-Windows-120614.7z...
But you need to get your hands on a MacOSX SDK too.

>> In another words, what solution is there to cross compile on Windows,
for Windows, Linux and MacOSX?

> No.
>
> Ruben
>
> PS: Your font is huge.
>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Nov 2, 2012, at 18:11, Yves <yves.per...@modusfx.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Very well, I'll chew on this over the weekend. Your wisdom is
appreciated indeed. Thank you very much Ruben.

>>> Sent from my iPhone

After several weeks pulling my hair, I figured it might be a good thing to
ask for help before I go completely bald.

project that needs to be maintained on windows and port to Linux and
MacOSX. For simplicity sake, let's forget I just said that and let's get
down to basics. Here is my setup:

Win64" compiler and it works beautifully. Now, to get things rolling, I'd
like to compile the same project with MinWG64 on Windows, for Windows.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64?**

nicely up to date. Choose the 4.7.2 package if you want to have the latest
stable stuff.
compilers. He often has very specialized features enabled which I reserve
for my experimental builds.
Windows multilib compiler (which can compile for both 32 and 64-bit)

included envsetup script which does that for you (like with mine). It goes
without saying I recommend my toolchain builds ;-)

means: Visual Studio (which will be the limiting factor in any case), GCC
(see above) and Clang (see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/rubenvb/clang-3.1-release/for
more details, read carefully). Clang may not be usable for what you
are
doing, as it misses certain features required for normal Windows code (like
dllexporting classes). It works fine in cases not using that though, but
only for 32-bit Windows.
but it will make sure it is standards conformant as much as possible.
functions may not behave like you would expect. See MSDN in Visual C++ 2003
mode to see the documentation for the functions MinGW exposes. If you're
using fancy C++11 library features (which include but are not limited to
<thread>, std::to_string, and <regex>) you will find GCC's libstdc++
unfortunately lacking. Everything else is usually implemented better than
on MSVC though, including <tuple>.