> Hi, when I run the gdb (python enabled) under drmemory, like:
> drmemory gdb.exe
>
> I see a lot of error reports regarding about memory error related to python
> dll, like below:
> (ERROR 3)
Since I assume drmemory is something akin to valgrind, I can generally
comment on its combination with Python. Python uses some smart
techniques of managing its own memory (including reads from
unititialized chunks) which look suspicicous to analysis programs. See
http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/Misc/README.valgrind for
details.
> So, I suspect that this is caused that mingw use msvcrt.dll, but the
> python2.7.3 release was built from MSVC, so it has another kind of c runtime
> library.
>
> If possible, I need to build gdb which should link to a python libary(built
> from mingw).
>
> I see this:
> https://github.com/niXman/mingw-builds/tree/master/patches/Python-2.7.3
> There are too many patches, and I even don't know how to build it. So, I wish
> there is a pre-build python library release from mingw/mingw64.
I don't think it is related to using different runtimes, though. There
was a threads started by myself earlier on the subject
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.w64.general/6241 . I can
link to the official python27.dll just fine with mingw, but I need to
change distutils to link to msvcrt, not to msvcr90, to which
python27.dll links otherwise (there is a patch to distutils in
attachment to
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.w64.general/6509/focus=6511).
I am not sure if that is related to the fact that mingw links to msvcrt
automatically.

I filed the issue http://bugs.python.org/issue16472 about
msvcrt/msvcr90, but it is not (yet) conclusive.

(Don't get me wrong I would be very glad if there were an official
mingw-built version of python. I just wanted to say that the distributed
MSVC binary works.

HTH, Vaclav