> recently I am trying to cross compile some base GNU libraries for both
> 32bit and 64bit Windows host. The build system is Debian 6.0.6. I am
> using Ruben's personal build
> (xxx-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.7.2-release-linux64_rubenvb.tar).
>
> When building glib with the x86_64 target, I get the following error at
> some point of linking:
Hi, I can't help you with this particular problem, but perhaps those
pointers will be useful for you.

There is the http://mxe.cc project, which automates building windows
libs on linux hosts, and has pretty responsive mailing list. They
basically stuffed downloads, configure options and patches into
Makefiles, so you just type "make glib", it compiles dependencies and
glib using your cross-compiler.

A number of mingw-cross-compiled libs is packaged for OpenSUSE, e.g.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=glib2&project=windows%3Amingw
(you could use alien to convert to .deb packages), if you don't want to
compile.

There were two scripts compiling several libs (glib is one of them) on
the list recently, though they were compiling on windows host - maybe
they would be worth investigating, in attachments of
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.w64.general/6511 and
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.w64.general/6514 .

HTH, Vaclav