> you are changing Interlocked*() calls to system DLL
> functions into inline functions

This is true.  If you are using x86, non-underscore versions (ie
InterlockedExchange vs _InterlockedExchange) of these 6 functions.

> I hope this is disabled by default / __MINGW_INTRIN_INLINE is undefined
> by default.

Why?  What problems do you envision?

> To me this looks like trading future proof solution for speed.

Since MS has omitted these functions from the x64 version of
kernel32.dll and replaced them with inline versions, I'm not clear what
future problems you are expecting.

dw