> Hello
>
> Kai Tietz <ktiet...@googlemail.com> schrieb am 10:14 Donnerstag, 20.Februar
> 2014:
>
>> I would advice you to look in more detail to license issues.  MS
>> compiler has them, and gcc & mingw(-w64) do so too.  You will be
>> wondering what other licenses you are using for just building a simple
>> hello-world-application with mingw(-w64).  For getting an idea you
>> might to take a look to the COPYING.MinGW-w64-runtime license.
>
> This is confusing me now as well.
> Aren't the files of mingw-w64-headers and mingw-w64-crt in the public domain?
> At least it says so in those files:
>
> /**
> * This file has no copyright assigned and is placed in the Public Domain.
> * This file is part of the mingw-w64 runtime package.
> * No warranty is given; refer to the file DISCLAIMER.PD within this package.
> */ So when does the COPYING.MinGW-w64-runtime apply?
>
> Regards
> Domani Hannes

There is nothing confusing about that.  Most of the licenses are part
of MinGW.org's startup too.  Never understood why they don't provide
such a readme file about used runtime-license as we do.

Anyway, I see that there seems to be a lot of confusing, rumors, and
uncertainties about licenses. So I try to explain.

Some of the headers are in PD (at least for places where it is
possible to put something active into public domain).  For other
places (please take a look to DISCLAIMER.PD) you will find that ZPL is
used instead.

Nevertheless not all parts of startup-code (and these aren't headers)
are using ZPL/PD licenses.  Again read the license-files or look into
the source files itself.  Eg gdtoa isn't PD, etc

Regards,
Kai