Hi JonY,

> On 5/9/2014 21:52, JonY wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> You may also use the other thread for further discussion, please keep
>> this thread for votes only.
>>
>> For mingw-w64 developers, state your SF ID; for the registered voters,
>> simply reply with the same email address you registered with.
>>
>> [ ] Yes, move to git
>> [ ] No, continue with SVN
>>

> Polling has ended, the results are:
>
> 11 in favor of moving to git
> 4 opposed to moving to git
>
> The results are clear, I will allow developer write access soon and lock
> down SVN to read-only soon.
>
> In the mean time, here's a quick guide for SVN veterans to get into git.
> <https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mingw-w64/wiki/git>
>
> If you are uncomfortable with pushing, just send your patches to the
> mailing list, your commit ID should still be intact. You can also sign
> off your commit to make it more obvious.

the vote is clear.  So we will move to git.  Nevetheless there are
still some pretty important points missing before we actually can do
the move.

First, thanks for adding the git HowTo to our Wiki.  For other
veteran-people I can recomment the following two links, too.
https://wiki.videolan.org/Git#Configure_your_global_git_config
http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine#head-bd72d1d7bc47afa5e85f32971a8c4b3f144c12db

The point, which isn't completed IMO, is that we still need to specify
how our process for patch-sending, review, and actually acceptance
shall work with git.
As long as this isn't made clear, I still set a veto to the move from
SVN to GIT.

Regards,
Kai