Hello! I am new to mingw-w64 and having some difficulty getting up to speed.

I would like to build a native mingw-w64 for win32 (i686-w64-mingw32)
with support for multilib and at least fortran, c and c++. If possible
I would like to build it as much as possible using sources and the
standard mingw-w64 cross compiler [2] included with Ubuntu 14.04.

This guide [1] from the wiki makes it seem as if sources for binutils
and gcc are included with the mingw-w64 source archive, but I was
unable to find these. I am unsure if I am looking at the wrong
sources, or if the guide is outdated. Instead I tried grabbing
binutils and gcc from the GNU ftp using these steps [3]. However the
build of gcc fails with:

    The directory that should contain system headers does not exist:
/mingw/include

Am I on the right track at all? I feel like I am skipping an important
step where I need to compile mingw-w64.

Thank you very much for any helpful pointers,

Jeroen

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/wiki2/Native%20Win64%20compiler/
[2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/mingw-w64
[3] https://gist.github.com/jeroenooms/b3876b065512299d80f1