On 15.10.2014 11:52, Alexander Shukaev wrote:
>> First you need build application with debug info using CFLAGS like «-Og
>> -g» and don’t strip result binaries.
>>

> When I was asking this question it was already implied as I am of course
> aware of these details.
>

>> After this you can get useful backtrace from GDB.
>>

> Still no meaningful backtrace.

A bit more advice from Captain Obvious:

* Build with -fno-omit-frame-pointer
  This provides better backtracing options, especially when trying to get a
  backtrace with something that is *not* gdb.
* Build all dependencies with -Og (though i prefer -O0) and -g (though i
  prefer -g3). Unless your application uses only W32API and MSVCRT. Just as
  the crash can happen in MS DLLs, which don't have GDB-compatible debug info,
  it can happen in dependencies, which may have not been built with debug info.

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org