On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+...@mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble building MinGW-w64 from source.
>
> I asked on IRC and was told something along the lines of:
>
>     export MYPREFIX=$HOME/MinGW/64
>     (cd mingw-w64-headers && ./configure --prefix=$MYPREFIX && make install)
>     ./configure --prefix=$MYPREFIX && make
>
> When I run that I get:
>
>     configure: error: Please check if the mingw-w64 header set and the
>     build/host option are set properly.
>     configure: error: ./configure failed for mingw-w64-crt
>
> but the configure --help output doesn't really help me very much.
>
> Clues?

Please see the doc in the folder mingw-w64-doc/howto-build/.

If you want build from source, you must do the following 5 steps:

*) build and install binutils for target x86_64-w64-mingw32
*) build and install mingw-w64-headers for target x86_64-w64-mingw32
*) build (all-gcc) and install (install-gcc) for target x86_64-w64-mingw32
*) build and install mingw-w64-crt for target x86_64-w64-mingw32
*) build and install gcc for target x86_64-w64-mingw32

If you want build with pthread support, it will be 7 steps, more
complex, please read the document carefully.