I'm not sure if this is a cygwin question or a mingw-w64 question.

I'm working on fixing the _lrotl stuff.  The changes for intrin.h and
intrin-impl.h were easy.  But for whatever reason, MS duplicates the
prototypes for this function in stdlib.h.  I have started to update
mingw-w64's stdlib.h, but I'm having problems testing one of the
permutations.  Specifically, the case where longs are 8 bytes.

I'm using cygwin64 to try to test this.  However, my attempts to build
this either result in 4 byte longs, or in NOT using the mingw-w64 stdlib.h.

I am no cygwin expert, so I guess my first question is: Is there
actually a plausible case where this can ever happen (8 byte longs +
mingw-w64's stdlib.h)?

While I suppose that instead of just using #include <stdlib.h>, I
*could* hard code a path to bypass the cygwin's stdlib.h and go straight
to mingw-w64's, but does that make any sense at all?

If mingw-w64's stdlib.h doesn't need to support 8 byte longs, this patch
gets much easier.  But if it does, what's the approach to test it?

dw