nmake is not compatible with mingw-w64's make which is not compatible
with gnu make.

also, you should know that make -j n (parallel make) is not completely
viable yet because of the shells it needs to make just to output to
stdout when there is a redirection in a makefile which causes massive
strange compiler errors.

let's say we could have an env variable RANDOM like in windows which
generates a random number upon expansion.
if we had simply did did
gcc ... -outputredir err.txt
it would fail miserably in parallel since the file would be
write-clobbered by a number of gcc's at random.
but if you did

#*nix
R=`/dev/urandom`
#windows
R=$(RANDOM)

.o.c:
        gcc ... -save-temps -v -static -std=c++11 -lstdc++
-output-redir2 err$(R).txt

within make -j 4
you would get 4 parallel makes with the correct methods.

but then how do you install or clean in parallel? do you do not.

I am also suggesting gcc have a new switch for error output redirection
rather than using 2> since it causes so much havoc in make with stderr
and shell instantiations. (did they fix that by just making new ones
that just fly by? which you can't read?)

doing things in parallel requires some thought. and *nix needs an
unsigned RANDOM variable. perhaps it can be somehow redirected into a
variable. like

#*nix
R=`/dev/urandom`
#windows
R=$(RANDOM)

maybe?

could you add gcj as well please? I need gcj because I can't find javac
for my project, even on oracle.com for some reason. something must  be
going on.