On 5/28/2017 9:53 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 5/28/2017 10:15 AM, niXman wrote:
>> Edward Diener 2017-05-28 16:32:
>>> As of September 2016, libbacktrace only supports ELF and PE/COFF
>>> executables with DWARF debugging information.
>
> That does not seem very limiting. ELF and PE/COFF covers all popular
> object file formats on Linux and Windows respectively and surely just
> about everyone not using VC++ uses DWARF rather than sjlj.

I think there's some confusion here. ILT means DWARF /debug/ info[1] (the other
kind of debug info supported by GCC is STABS (there's also COFF, VMS and
variations, not our concern though); gcc uses DWARF by default, gdb understands
both), not DWARF (DW2) exception handling (where the other exception handling
mechanism is SJLJ, for 32-bit programs, and 64-bit programs have their own,
64-bit-specific exception handling).

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Debugging-Options.html

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org