On Fri, 25 Aug 2017, Mateusz Mikuła wrote:

There was discussion if this should be done via cast or union, both
versions were attached at some point of [1] discussion.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mailman/message/35923114/

Oh, I see - sorry for missing that.

I don't mind whichever approach gets chosen; using a union is totally ok with me, as long as some sort of fix is committed.

FWIW, I take it you ran into this issue in trying to build libcxx as well? It might be good to amend your patch with my explanation - it's not a matter about gcc vs clang (g++ also refuses to convert from const wchar_t* to wchar_t*), but this is only an issue if the libcxx headers get included inbetween, where the const wchar_t* prototype comes from.

// Martin