Hi all,

I work at Mozilla, and have been the person working there actively
getting Mozilla building with mingw (again); and I recently got it
into our build servers. Mostly I relied on Jacek to write patches I
needed in mingw (as well as help me with the hardest parts of the
build, since he maintained it for so long) - but I think I need to
learn a bit more about mingw so I can start writing patches for it
myself. I'm also idling in #mingw-w64 in OFTC under the handle 'tjr' -
I asked there but was advised to send to the mailing list.

Right now the problem I am grappling with is that I need new d3d11
headers. I understand MinGW gets them from Wine, and they included
them in 2.18 so I had intended to copy them in.

>From what I can see, Wine only has .idl files, so I need to copy the
idl files and then generate a .h with widl. So I figured I'd make sure
I can generate from a clean clone with no local modifications.

./configure --with-widl did not find
/usr/local/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-widl because the prefix was wrong (and
not 'x86_64...'); but symlinking /usr/local/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-widl
to /usr/local/bin/widl worked right up to:

/usr/local/bin/widl -DBOOL=WINBOOL -I./include -I./direct-x/include
-Icrt -I./crt -h -o include/windows.storage.h
include/windows.storage.idl
include/windows.foundation.idl:14: error: syntax error, unexpected
aIDENTIFIER, expecting tTYPEDEF

I'm mostly flailing around in the dark, so if anyone can tell me if my
assumptions about what I should be doing are wrong (or right) or what
my widl problem may be that'd be awesome.

Thanks,
-tom