On 2017/11/11 21:47, Hannes Domani via Mingw-w64-public wrote:
Am Samstag, 11. November 2017, 10:15:00 MEZ hat Liu Hao <lh_mo...@126.com>
Folgendes geschrieben:

Debugging in assembly exposes indirection through a null pointer in
`mingw-w64-crt/stdio/mingw_wvfscanf.c` around or after line 906:

```
optimize_alloc ((flags & IS_ALLOC_USED) != 0, pstr, str_sz, (wstr -
(wchar_t *) *pstr), sizeof (wchar_t));`
```

pstr==NULL, so the *pstr part crashes.

No, on the master branch it does not crash.

The CRT libraries of those toolchains were not compiled with debug
information. Further investigation might not be possible.

I am not able to reproducible this problem on master. You might want to
try a newer version and see if the problem still exists.

It doesn't look fixed on master, mingw_wvfscanf.c is the same in v5.x and
master.

But as far as I can tell this was fixed in mingw_vfscanf in here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mailman/message/27912175/
https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mingw-w64/ci/72d60c1a06490ec5937e6c620956b167bf0bf329/

There is even the suggestion that mingw_wvfscanf.c might need a similar fix,
which was never done.

Do it today? I just can't reproduce the problem so I can't test it. Sorry.

--
Best regards,
LH_Mouse