I have been trying to chase down a [bug I found][1] over on the Git
for Windows project. The short version of the issue is that specifying
a parameter like "@{-1}" with a git alias gets converted to "@-1".
Visit link #1 for more detail on that.

I had started a [discussion over on the MinGW mailing list][2] about
this and someone found a [bug in glob][3] that was corrected. I had
reported the specific issue I found [on the MinGW64 project][4] as
well.

Could I get the developers of this project to help out here too? To be
completely honest, I'm not all too familiar with MinGW myself or how
all of these dependencies tie up together, so I'm relying on help I
get here to move things forward. I was able to verify this isn't a bug
with Git, and it's not reproducible on Linux, so I think I've isolated
it to MinGW.

Sorry to throw a bunch of URLs at everyone. Let me know if there's
more I can do. Thanks a bunch.


[1]: https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/1220
[2]: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/lists/archive/users/2018-April/000023.html
[3]: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/ticket/38207
[4]: https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/bugs/721/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Mingw-w64-public mailing list
Mingw-w64-public@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-w64-public

Reply via email to