On 04/08/2018 11:07, Martin Storsjö wrote:

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018, Liu Hao wrote:

在 2018/8/4 5:12, Martin Storsjö 写道:
In these cases, the default ucrt functions already are C99 compatible,
so even if the caller has requested to use the mingw version, by
defining __USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO, the ucrt version should be fine.

Or does there exit any case with non-C99, mingw specific features that
a caller would expect to be available when this define is set?

Of course there is. On GCC `long double` is 96-bits (12-bytes on i686 and 16-bytes on x86_64), while on MSVC `long double` is 64-bits (8-bytes). So there is ABI disagreement when scanning or printing a `%Lg` for example.

Ah, right.

Does Jacek have any other ideas on this matter, or should we just leave it as is?

I don't, I didn't think of it. Thanks for looking at it.

Jacek