On 31/08/2019 23:08, Martin Storsjö wrote:

Apparently we were both mistaken with regard to this; even in the latest MSVC 2019, the default for wide stdio functions still is the legacy, C99 incompatible behaviour (where %s in a wide function means a wchar_t pointer).

And that makes the whole argument above moot; right now, the ucrt behaviour in mingw-w64 is different from both MSVC and mingw-w64 with msvcrt.dll.

Thus, resending a brushed up version of the old patch.

Oh, sorry about the misleading. I don't remember details about looking at it, but with those new facts, patches look good to me.

Thanks,

Jacek