So currently, the code isn't hooked up to meson just yet, it's only compilable under visual studio and the default notification plugin that currently works is the plain windows one instead of the winrt one, I'm kinda doing a soft fork for now, and yeah, I kinda noticed there was a bunch of idl includes in microsofts own idl for the winrt, but libnotify doesn't exactly have a windows path despite it being able to compile since it looks like it's treated like it's own plugin for enchant.

I've set up a small fork of hexchat at https://github.com/ZachBacon/hexchat

Anyways as for the spell check plugin, pretty sure I may need to write some custom meson code to get that to compile

On 2020-12-19 11:27 p.m., Biswapriyo Nath wrote:
How to build hexchat to include those plugins? I have been using the
following command to build hexchat in msys2 and it builds without any
error:

meson build \
--buildtype plain \
-Dwith-libcanberra=false \
-Dwith-dbus=false \
-Dwith-perl=false

Speaking of winrt, the windows.ui.notifications.h is huge :( Porting
it to mingw will be painstaking. libnotify fits well instead of it.