在 2023-11-16 18:10, Antonin Décimo 写道:
I don't think that's entirely correct. The `configure.ac` scripts are
specific to a project and require a minimum version of autoconf (see
`AC_PREREQ` [1]). When updating to autoconf-2.71 I found just one
deprecation warning in winpthreads/. These scripts never get updated
automatically, they're written by project authors.

Well, some of the may be safely removed, such as `AC_HEADER_TIME`. This is can be done with `autoupdate`.

If the project already provides `configure`, it's unlikely anyone will
regenerate it, which is why I think there's value in providing a
regenerated `configure` from the latest autotools. A lot of work has
been done between 2.69 and 2.71, see "Rejuvenating Autotools" [3].
There are also precedents in mingw-w64's history (which prompted me to
submit these patches):

There are commits solely for updating generated files. Usually not all files get updated, however they can be forced regenerated with `autoreconf -f`. Updated now [1].

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mingw-w64/ci/b6de4ef

--
Best regards,
LIU Hao