Inspired by the excellent MinionPro project, I wrote my own scripts to add more
Pro fonts to my LaTeX system. Given Garamond Premier Pro as an example, there
are lots ligatures and accented glyphs. I tend o keep all accented glyphs in T1
encoding but also include those ligatures. There is no enough slots in the
encoding. Even I choose OT1 or LY1, if I want to add these rich accented
glyphs, the slots is still not enough.

I work around this problem by stick to the T1 encoding, but removed all accents
(000-012), and moved them to the empty slots in TS1 encoding. And then declare
new names for them in the TS1 encoding.

Is there any better way to solve this problem?

Cheers,
Yan