Hi,

today I got my little new Letux 400 and installed Debian Lenny on it.

Some remarks:

I downloaded the installation files from
http://download.goldelico.com/letux-400/20100913-lenny400/ - I created
the SD card, put it into the Letux, it installed for some time, but then
it didn't work correctly - udev complained that the kernel was too old
and X11 didn't start.

Reason: the /etc/apt/sources.list in opt.tgz refers to the "stable"
version of Debian, which is - since yesterday or so, Squeeze, and no
longer Lenny.
So during the installation, it upgraded to Squeeze immediately, which is
incompatible with the used kernel.
Workaround: After extracting everything to the SD card, replace
"stable" by "lenny"  in the file /etc/apt/sources.list on the SD card.
Also it should be enough to specify only one repository, making my
sources.list like this (including security updates might also be a
good idea):

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian lenny main
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main

Perhaps this can be corrected in the download archive.

Another thing: I didn't get WIFI to work, it said "SoftMAC: Open
Authentication completed with XX:XX:XX:XX" all the time, but it did not
get an IP address.

I have a WPA2 network, but the CCMP kernel option which seems to be
necessary for the AES encryption was not set in the kernel (see
the file CONFIG in the above download directory):
# CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_CCMP is not set

So I downloaded the kernel sources from GIT, set the CCMP option, built
a new kernel and after some tweaking it worked (well, actually I'm not
100% sure that this is because of this kernel option, perhaps
something else has changed in the sources since the last release...).

>From my /etc/network/interfaces:

# builtin WLAN
iface eth1 inet dhcp
 pre-up sh -c 'echo 1 >/proc/jz/wifi-power'
 post-down sh -c 'echo 0 >/proc/jz/wifi-power'
 wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

and here is my /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

network={
  ssid="MYNET"
  psk="mysecretpassword"
  key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
}

I tried to enter the SSID and password directly into the interfaces file
(omitting wpa_supplicant.conf), but then the power switch for the WIFI
interface didn't work and the interface was not brought up correctly.

  Georg