Dear Miragers,

I'd like to introduce Takayuki Imada, who is joining the Cambridge Computer Lab
this week as a visitor for a year-long sabbatical from Hitachi in Japan.

Takayuki describes himself as a "software virtualisation guy" and the goal of
his sabbatical is to experiment with various platforms for integrating
unikernel tech, and particularly MirageOS, into network devices (including ARM
as well as x86).

As part of this, he will taking a close look at the Mirage networking subsystem
and how technologies such as SR-IOV passthrough can link up with the various
Mirage backends (such as Xen where hardware passthrough is relatively mature,
and newer backends such as Solo5 where some work needs to happen on Linux KVM
and FreeBSD for equivalent functionality).

His first step is starting to learn OCaml, and he attended the ICFP tutorial
that Mindy and Gemma ran recently.  He is now using Real World OCaml as his
reference text, so please do assist him with any questions he might have while
we plug the documentation gaps in Mirage3.  If you're a network hacker (or
otherwise!) feel free to find him in the CUCL in FW01.

Welcome Takayuki!

MirageOS-devel mailing list