Dear all,

I've been wondering for a while how to deprecate some of the older mirage
packages from appearing in typical opam searches for (e.g.) the "org:mirage"
tag.  Right now, you get packages like mirari appearing in that.

The reason for this is that we don't really distinguish between versions of our
platform as we tag things with org:mirage.

We could

- add a messages: field to a package to indicate that it's part of mirage1/2
and therefore probably not what the user actually wants.
- add a new mirage3 tag to indicate it's specifically compatible with mirage3
- do some fancy dependency analysis to figure out if mirage-types-lwt>3 is
coinstallable.
- add a boilerplate "deprecated" notice to the description files, and point
people at the new packages.

Any other ideas/thoughts on how to drive users away from very old packages?

Anil