Aleksey Cheusov dixit:

>Well, to be honest I haven't check ksh88. But '+' sign is allowed for
>aliases in ksh (on NetBSD, Solaris), /bin/sh on FreeBSD, ksh93, dash,
                    ^ pdksh   ^ ksh93            ^ ash           ^ ash
>pdksh, bash, zsh etc.

Yes, but, as I said, we had to restrict the allowed range due to
security implications. (Many of these you listed are seriously old,
for example pdksh’s last release was in 1999… mksh is its successor.)

Also, it’s not guaranteed by POSuX.

>Typical use for it is 'c++', 'g++' or 'clang++'.

OK, I can add that to the allowed aliases, we just cannot let an
alias begin with ‘+’ for the same reason ’-’ is not allowed as
first character. I have already put that on my TODO.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of