n8dandy dixit:

>Yesterday, I was extensively using traps with mksh and I noticed something
>unexpected.
>Let's consider the following example, from the book "Learning the Korn shell,
>2nd

Well, mksh isn’t AT&T ksh ☺

In general, the *first* edition of that book (orelly/unix/ksh/)
works better with mksh, as the second edition, which I do own in
print, mostly deals with stuff new in ksh93 that doesn’t exist
in mksh anyway.

>>From the mksh manpage, we can read this paragraph :
>
>A separate trap/signal environment will be used during the execution
>of functions. This will mean that traps set inside a function will
>not affect the shell's traps
>
>Could you tell me if I missed something ?

The paragraph you cited is a list element under a list headed thus:

     In the future, the following differences may also be added:

Basically: “this is the plan, but we’re not there yet”

Also, under “trap”:

            The original Korn shell's DEBUG trap and the handling of ERR and
            EXIT traps in functions are not yet implemented.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of