Rod.. Whitworth wrote:

On Thu, 5 May 2005 10:31:56 -0700 (PDT), Brian W. wrote:

Anyone else notice this performing slowly. I did a tcpdump and it appears localhost gets queried 2-3 times before a packet goes out.

I see quite a few delays and some failures to resolve that work with one or two retries. I am using the default config file.

It is a bit annoying for me but I know to retry. The windows only users
on the LAN get a bit testy about "server not responding" messages (or
whatever it says) from their browsers....

From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?

Do NOT CC me - I am subscribed to the list.
Replies to the sender address will fail except from the list-server.

I did the 3.6 patch, that helped a little but its still pokey. Its a p2-350 with 128 megs. I'll have to do some comparison testing, either Freebsd on this hardware, or openbsd on a 1.2G p3.

Brian