> Hi,
>
> > More Mhz. Not crappy nics, get xl,fxp,dc etc. Or maybe
> gigabit nics like
> > em(4).
> I think he has xl and sk in the machine, sk is probably the
> most decent
> thing one can get at the moment. xl I had quite mixed results
> in the past,
> so changing that one into another sk might be all the change needed.
> the high irq load points into that direction, sk is a lot
> better there.
>
> > Dont have a crappy mobo chipset and anything over 800 mhz
> would be able to
> > do plenty filterings. I guess a P2 450 could work also..
> yes, but a P2-233 should have enough HP for standard stuff, routing of
> 100mbit + some not so complex filtering with normal packet
> sizes should be
> possible.
>
> one can still stick a celeron 500 into the box, they are very cheap
> on ebay, in case changing the xl to sk is not enough.
>

> bye, siggi.

Well I was thinking about that, but since the Sun box gives me pretty much
exactly the same performance, I'm thinking the PCI bus is limiting me.
After all, it's the only thing that's the same on both boxes, save for the
lines themselves.

And yeah, the filtering is pretty simple, about 15 rules, few tables,
nothing fancy at all.
I'll try and get my hands on a QFE card this week, to see if that helps.

Thanks.

Johan