On Mon, 23 May 2005, Chris Zakelj wrote:

> I'm up and running (for the moment, anyway), but for my edification, and
> since it may help others, were you suggesting I place:
> !\sbin\ifconfig pppoe0 debug
> into \etc\hostname.pppoe0, probably the line before 'route add'?

 It is a generic flag to the interface, no need to shell out (!) and do
it. You can add it ('debug') on the same line as the 'pppoedev
<interface>'. E.g.

pppoedev fxp1 debug

 Is this something that you are able to repeat? E.g. Simply does not work
 without the debug flag and comes up as soon as you add it?
 (just trying to make sure it is the same thing that I have seen)

cheers,
--
jason