Gaby vanhegan dixit:

> What IMAP servers do people use for email access?

uw-imapd's imapd for imaps (port 993) access; sendmail with
uw-imapd's dmail/tmail instead of mail.local(8) for delivery
to MBX format mailboxes. Allows concurrent access.

uw-imaps allows reading arbitrary files on the server; I do
not consider this a problem since I can use chmod and chown.
The LP64 bugs in the code however are scary (but fixable).

//mirabile
--
> emacs als auch vi zum Kotzen finde (joe rules) und pine f|r den einzig
> bedienbaren textmode-mailclient halte (und ich hab sie alle ausprobiert).
;)
Hallooooo, ich bin der Holger ("Hallo Holger!"), und ich bin ebenfalls
... pine-User, und das auch noch gewohnheitsmd_ig ("Oooooooohhh").  [aus
dasr]