Per Engelbrecht wrote:

I'm about to launche a [3.7 AMD64 GENERIC.MP] mysql server (mysql backend for a lot of servers / production environment) and would like to test and use the new MySQL 4.1.12

I have the packages for i386 and amd64 ready for all clients, servers, and test, or the files if you want to make your own compile from source.

pkg would be nice.

You can get it from here for now for your amd64:

http://openbsdsupport.org/packages/amd64/

You will need to install the package p5-DBD-mysql-2.9004.tgz, but that's already available on the main site. So, get it from there. Then install the client and server. I didn't release the test suite as it doesn't go in the right place yet and I haven't finish the testing on it.

You can use these, but it will be better in a few days. May be two or so. I don't expect any changes in these two, but you never know.

Feedback would be welcome, but heavy testing would be best before using in production obviously!

Have fun!

Daniel

PS: I will let you know when the final package are done if there is any changes on it.