Greetings misc@,

I have run into a problem attempting to install OpenBSD 3.7 on a Rev. D (summer 2000, dark blue) iMac G3.

I have a 30GB IDE drive installed in place of the factory 7GB. MacOS X sees the entire disk with no problems. However, OpenBSD cannot.

It detects the size of the drive and I believe all it's specifications (correct # of cylinders, heads, sectors, etc.) when it boots but the disklabel editor will not allow me to install any partitions past the 8GB barrier.

Any idea on how I can utilize this whole disk? I would like to use the entire disk for OpenBSD.

Regards,
Matt

--
Matthew S Elmore