I've only done a few installs, so I may be closer to the process than
someone who has done it a hundred times...  I had no real problem with
it.

Half the time people talking about user friendly really mean "pretty
and glossy" which really is purely marketing.   I've done a lot of
Gentoo installs that were much harder than the obsd installer (when I
finished obsd I said - damn, thats all?).  Gentoo really does not have
an installer - a boot disc and a lot of installation instructions.

I made a few mistakes where going "back" may have helped, but I am not
really sure it would have.  Besides, making me start over kinda
reinforced my learning so I did not do it again (bad dog, bad, whack
with paper).  I am sure someone will flame me for even commenting on
that, then a gaggle of glommers-on on will flame me, then the people
that want to be like them will flame me :)

Otherwise, I thought it was simplicity itself.  No problems at all,
worked great.  Installation instructions worked fine too.

--

Bill Chmura
Explosivo ITG