On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:52:02PM +0200, Raphael Brunner wrote:
> Dear Users!
>
> I'm not sure about my problem. I installed samba on OpenBSD 3.7. All works
> fine. But, I don't know where I can watch which locales charmap it is in
> default installation. In the smb.conf I have a possibility to set the
> system-charmap. Then, if one create on any win-machine a file with
> special-characters like #@ etc... then I can see in the shell on OpenBSD the
> same filename... how can I see, which charmap does run on OpenBSD? On Linux
> it's the command "locale charmap" then it's e.g. ISO-8859-1.

1) don't hijack threads, please.

2) There is no locale command with the base OpenBSD install, outside of
perl. There is little to no locale support in OpenBSD as shipped. If
you need to manipulate smb-shared files on the server that have
improperly-displayed characters, use filename-completion features of
your shell to aid you in specifying filenames.

--
96. My door mechanisms will be designed so that blasting the control panel on
    the outside seals the door and blasting the control panel on the inside