eric wrote:
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 15:17:14 +0200, Heinrich Rebehn proclaimed...

I have configured spamd with greylisting on our OpenBSD Firewall and it works very well, spam went close to zero :-). There is one issue though that can cause long delay of mails: If a mail is sent via a server pool, it can take quite long until it happens to be sent 3 times from the same ip address and thus get whitelisted and delivered. With a big server pool this can take hours.

Would it be possible to change this behaviour so that the whitelisting is done as soon as the same sender/receiver pair is seen again, ignoring the ip address? This could speed up things a bit.

You can read the man page and see how to decrease the spamd timer; however,
you will not be able to change every mailserver on the Internet.

How can timer settings help, if a server pool makes 5 delivery attempts within 2 hours using 5 different ip-addresses? It won't get white, no matter what the timers are.

--Heinrich