On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, L. V. Lammert wrote:

> At 02:04 PM 6/22/2005 -0500, Gabe Johanns wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been running BSD on a desktop machine for 3 months and I would like
> > to install OpenBSD on my test server. My test box is a P500 with 128MB of
> > RAM and three disk drives.
> >
> > I would like to use 100% of the storage space on all three drives while
> > installing / on wd0, /swap on wd1, and all other partitions on wd2.
> >
> > I have not found a way to use the installer to partition my drives in this
> > manner using fdisk and disklabel. I have looked in the man files and in
> > online FAQ's (although I have found how to move and resize the partitions on
> > an existing installation of the OS.)
>
> The installer is not setup that way, .. but why complicate life? Install / &
> /usr on your main drive (they don't need a lot of space, anyway), .. you can
> always move /home and/or /var to the other drives after installation.

This is wrong info. It's perfectly possible to install with
various filesystems on different disks.

I'd have to check to know for sure, but I think having a swap
partition on the root disk is mandatory. But you can always add extra
swap partitions later.

So do someting like:

create wd0a (/)  and wd0b (swap) on wd0
create wd1b (swap) on wd1
create other partitions on wd2, specifying the various mouint points

        -Otto