And if the driver breaks on i386 I am sure someone will care. On the other hand I honestly don't think any developer is using or will be using Adaptec on amd64. Why would we?

On Jun 22, 2005, at 10:52 PM, Brad Brad wrote:

Well that's the official stance, but i'd hope the developers realise that many people have already purchased adaptec and will mainain the driver for breakages even if its not officially compiled in.

Brad.

From: Jason Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: O b s d <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: trouble compiling kernel with aac
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:21:33 -0400

The OP was trying to compile it on amd64, which it won't work on.
You're using it on i386, which it *sort of* works on. But it was
removed from the GENERIC kernel for i386 right before 3.7 was tagged,
and if there has been any work done to the kernel which might have
broken aac, no one would know (or care) since it's no longer
supported, and since Adaptec has made it quite clear they don't like
us.