You also might want to look into if the parition (or possibly another one used for the boot-menu + tools) is hidden using HPA. My understanding of this is that the drive and controller conspire to misreport the size of the disc in terms of sectors so even the OpenBSD disc tools don't see the whole disc.

To get all of the space on my X31s drive I had to use a HPA remover tool. You might find one on Google or failing that I can email you the one I used.

At least on my laptop scrubbing the HPA partition didn't do me any harm. The boot options are still available, just in a less graphical form.

Duncan