Matt Brenneke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Nevermind that "almost working" comment, if I walk more than 15 feet
> away from the base station the signal goes from 75 to 0.  Time to dump
> this cheap card.  Does anyone know if ath works well with a pci 2.1?

Yes, I've got an ath based card (a D-Link DWL-AG520) working fine in my
home gateway. According to the ath(4) man page, D-Link has several
models which should work. One notable exception is the DWL-G520+ card,
which is based on Intel's super-secret acx111 chip. Stay away from that
one. For my laptop I got a D-Link DWL-AG650, which works without any
fuss at all. A writeup will turn up soonish somewhere near my PF sermon.