Theo de Raadt wrote:
* Is USB2 support considered experimental, alpha, beta, rc, or release?

It works totally fine for us.
* Do others have such a system in use? And how is it working out?

Using it fine.

All good to hear :-)

* Has anyone done throughput measurements? How close to the 480Mbds theory is practice?

Most devices don't get to there, but the driver tries.

So if speeds aren't better than USB1 I should blame the hardware and not the driver ;-)

* Are hot-swap bays supported in any form? Of course with the usual unmount caveat ;-)

It's even better than that.  You can kind of get away with disconnects
somewhat, as vfs attempts to recover.  Pedro has more work to do in
this area, but the basics work.

Well that's good to know for emergency situations. I'll still play it safe and unmount before ejecting. Can't be too careful when it comes to possible write delays.

All stuff should work fine.

Thanks Theo... When it comes from you it certainly inspires considerable confidence.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything