Hi,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:11:48PM +0800, Glamous wrote:
> I just downloaded the QT3 and arts, kdelib, kdebase src pkg and want
> to build a new kde from scratch by hand.
> I'm so confused that sometimes the configure program can not check
> pass for some of the lib missing which I'm sure pkg_add has installed
> in my /usr/local/lib.

OpenBSD developers expect you to read. But as a newbie coming from Linux,
you often don't know where to start. Some hints to help you get your
homework done:

you go read:
man gcc-local
first item under DESCRIPTION has an answer to your question.
Then you read the FAQ, especially the section about ports and packages
here:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq8.html
and the content of the pages linked from there.

Then you read:
- man make
- man bsd.port.mk
- the Makefiles of the currently available qt and kde ports
- the output of ./configure --help of the particular package.
- the output of
  make show=CONFIGURE_ARGS
  make show=CONFIGURE_ENV
  in the directories of the respective currently available qt and kde
  ports to find out about the environment and flags passed to configure.
  And perhaps a bunch of other make show=BLABLA commands...

> I know there's a /etc/ld.so.conf (in linux) which control the ldconfig
> to cache the dyn-lib search path when doing some ld operation during
> building. But I can't find it now. I wonder how the OpenBSD control
> its ld search path, by LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

ldconfig is used for ld.so, the runtime linker. You have a problem at
compile time. The compile time linker is called ld. Try to understand the
difference by reading the manpages.

Regards,
Daniel