On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 01:56:41PM -0400, I'd written, in part:

> ...I'm not sure whether this is an Xorg issue, a KDE issue, or -- because I'm
> running firefox, an X application issue.  Any advice you might have to help
> me narrow down the problem further would be appreciated....

I have managed to run gdb from another platform to trap the Sig 11's.  But
I'm having trouble building X with debugging symbols.  Per the guide at
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/DebuggingTheXserver I have tried adding a

        #define DefaultGcc2i386Opt -g

to /usr/XF4/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/bindist/OpenBSD-ix86/host.def

but it might be the wrong host.def file; or else, I need a different #define.

I'm sure I've missed something obvious.  If you could point it out, I'd be
very grateful.

   -J-