Hello there,

Before I remake the wheel, I am looking if someone has done some kind of software that can monitor a carp interface and execute a script that can execute some basic things.

Idea is to make 2 mysql servers and start the "backup" one only if carp status move from BACKUP state to MASTER.

Since I use SAN, some check has to be done (a quick fsck to see if filesystem is clean, remonting it from read only to read / write, mail to administrators to tell'em the mysql server has moved from master to slave).

Is there anybody here that has done some tool like this (daemon is possible...)... ?

THanks,
/xavier