We finally got some money to build a router for the center of a 200-300
user network.  Upon arrival I found it to be one giant segment with old
old switches (sort of - not real ones) and terrible sprawl.

I need to build a router that will handle 7 segments, 4 of which are
very heavily used, 3 of which are pretty light.  I was contemplating a
Quad gigabit card and a 100MB Quad card (to keep the price down).  I've
got a budget of $3000 US to build this thing.  I was thinking the Intel
Pro 1000 Quad cards, but thats pretty pricy considering I have to
aquire the hardware also.

Can someone recommend another good obsd friendly good performer / value
for the price Quad Ethernet 1000 card?  If I can keep it down, I would
use two and not do the 100MB on the slow segments.

Also is going PCI-X going to get me much?  I was reading some notes in
the archives (obsd?) that showed the cards won't need it that much, and
another post saying it was going to be slammed by a Quad card.

Thanks for any advice

Bill