On 7/25/05, Abel Talaversn Estevez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to create a particular but simple shell for a firewall running OpenBSD
> 3.6. The idea is create a user whose shell is a very limited one. This shell
> or command line interpreter (CLI) must have permissions only in the home
> directory.

Hi:

  Operating ksh in restricted mode may fulfill your needs. Here from
the man page for ksh (this is the public domain Korn Shell in
OpenBSD):

-r      Restricted shell.  A shell is ``restricted'' if this option is
             used or if either the basename the shell was invoked with or the
             SHELL parameter match the pattern ``*r*sh'' (e.g. rsh, rksh,
             rpdksh).  The following restrictions come into effect after the
             shell processes any profile and ENV files:

             o   The cd command is disabled.
             o   The SHELL, ENV, and PATH parameters cannot be changed.
             o   Command names can't be specified with absolute or relative
                 paths.
             o   The -p option of the built-in command command can't be used.
             o   Redirections that create files can't be used (i.e. `>', `>|',

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan