On 2005-08-02 17:13, Stefan Sczekalla-Waldschmidt wrote:
Hi,

I've googled a lot about how I simply could mirror the boot disk of my
OpenBSD based routers.

The intention is not to have the harddisk as a single point of failure.

I've seen a rather interesting documentation on how to do this using
raidframe at:
http://wiki.abstrakt.ch/bin/view/HOWTOs/OpenBsdSoftwareRAID
The above procedure which needs to be partially reexecuted on every new
router we'll have to setup makes me looking for a more easy way for less
skilled people ( I'm not the one who will be in question for the setups
).

As of starting 3.7 there is also "ccd" but after reading the manpages
I'm still confused on can I use ccd to "mirror" my boot/root disk.
Would a hardware el-cheapo raid-controller be of any help in a way that
the joe-user standard setup procedure will work ?

If your mobo supports booting from the controller that would probably be
the easies way, just create the array and install onto it just as if it
had been a normal drive. Check so that GENERIC supports the card though.

--
Erik Wikstrvm