On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 10:23 -0400, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> I can't see spending my time working on Sun's code, but that's your
> choice, and if it works for you more power to you.

You know, for every Kurt, there have to be several hundred people
(OpenBSD users or otherwise) who say "if I wanted to deal with Sun every
day, I'd run Solaris instead" and frankly, I don't blame them. Every
attempt to use Java here has caused more problems than it has solved;
it's simply a resource pig. I'm sure it runs great on the fully loaded
sparc64 boxen that Sun salesweasels are pimping for
$UNGODLY_AMOUNT_OF_CASH; sorry, but I don't have that kind of money.

I can't wait until Kaffe is usable as a JVM, as I suspect it won't have
the same problems that Sun has put into its "reference" Java
implementation. Until then, I've decided simply to avoid using Java
applications as much as possible.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>